Thursday, January 11, 2007

new delhi or bust!

This is the first of [cross my fingers] many posts to come...I leave for my Hinkley Institute internship this Sunday. Maitri, the organization I will be interning with, works for AIDS/HIV awareness for women and children. This spring they will be holding their annual international conference in New Delhi. This mainly is what Phil, Matt, (the two other interns) and I will be doing for our three month internship. Sometimes, I forget that my internship is the reason I am going to India. It is so easy to lose track of the goal when the stresses of international travel seem to be at every corner. My motivations spur from my passion for social justice and human equality...Hmm....I also forgot to mention my intrigue for adventure. (much to my familiy's dismay) There have been many bumps in the road that have attempted to hinder our departure dates. Visas, plane tickets, shots, etc....I am STILL waiting for my visa, which is held up in the Consulate of India in Houston. But, this is all par for the course, I have been told in the scheme of international travel. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.


Also, check out the link for Maitri in the upper right corner of this page.

Cheers for now~K

No comments: